Monday, January 11, 2010

Curtains-handmade with love

My friend wanted some curtains for her new daughter's room - she has another daughter and had a professional make those. I decided I could take on the challenge and save her all kinds of money but boy, did that put the pressure on! This is what we came up with - a mix of the look of the other daughter's curtains combined with the fabric my friend wanted to use in the nursery. I made 2 sets because there are 2 windows and put black-out lining on the backside. They turned out lovely but the blackout lining doesn't let them hang quite as nicely because of the thickness/weight it adds. That bugs me a bit b/c I like them to fall just right but my friend has no complaints. (or at least is polite enough not to tell me). The bottom is not a true ruffle - the "professional" called them a petticoat on the curtains she made. Madeline's picture is posted - she was my client - haha! That sounds funny!

-Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment