Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Big Red" aka The Beast


Hi! For the few of you who read our blog, I know there has been an interest in the Beast - well, being a good friend, I felt it was only right that I purchase the Beast from Amy and brought it into our home (actually our garage for a few weeks). Couldn't decide what to do with it until we brought it in and my dear hubby helped me arrange it in places from room to room - boy did he love that! Finally, I decided a little nook in the dining room would be nice for it. I kept going back and forth on black or white and then it dawned on me one morning to go with a color - I went with red - hence the new name Big Red. My husband also has an old red pick-up that has this name so his can be Big Red on Wheels and mine will just be Big Red. :)

Anyhow, I primed it with Kilz, found a deep red for my paint choice - the color is a little off in the pics - not as bright as it appears and used Kilz casual colors (or something close to that) and rolled it on with a foam roller. I am very happy with it - then found some fabric to put under the glass - can switch that out for changes- also the lamp was a $6 find at the Hara Arena -Shop 'til you drop - wouldn't recommend the event - not much shopping went on - but I covered the shade with coordinating fabric. Didn't notice it until taking pics that the shade is a bit on small side - will watch for a good deal on one somewhere. I would love to add more pizazz to the table with all of the space but with a 20 month old, I'll be lucky if the $6 lamp lasts more than a month. What ya think? Like Big Red? See before photo here

Lisa

in her new home
table is happy now
painting her red
priming her

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT. looks great. you were speedy. i need to get started on some of my projects.

    ReplyDelete