Monday, February 15, 2010

sleepover pillow cases


one of the crafts for chloes sleepover party was to decorate pillow cases. i personalized each case with the girls first initial and polka dots. this was my first time cutting fabric with my cricut machine and i was quite giddy with the way they turned out. each girl was then able to decorate them with fabric crayons. the supplies that you will need to make the pillow cases are:
1.cricut machine
2.wonder under
3.spray adhesive
4.fabric-washed
5.pillow cases-washed
6.old cutting mat
7.blue painters tape
*first iron wonder under to wrong side of fabric. i cut the wonder under to the size of my cricut mat then ironed onto fabric and cut out.

*spray a thin coat of adhesive spray onto old cricut mat. make sure to tape off sides and ends while you spray or it could damage your machine.remove tape before placing fabric on.

*lay your fabric face down on your cricut mat and tape both sides of the mat with the blue painters tape. this will hold your fabric in place. if you dont do this it will shift. take my word.
*cut out your images with your machine. always use a new blade and if your cutting out letters you will need the software to flip your objects to come out the right way.
*just place your cut objects on pillow cases and iron on. dont forget to remove the paper backing.

*i have already washed chloes and it has turned out great.
*hope you enjoy.
amy

2 comments:

  1. very cool! of course I will need to print out the instructions -looks very involved - and need to open up my software and actually use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool project. So when I have Emma's slumber party can I hire you? You could be the guest speaker. Ya know, some people hire clowns, I hire a project director :)

    ReplyDelete