Friday, February 26, 2010

Ikea Love

Went to Ikea on Sunday with the other crafty momma-dangerous with 2 heads thinking as one - we both helped each other drop some $! Anyhow, found some really fun things below!

These are some tealight candle holders - who knew, they even sell jumbo tea lights for the bigger one - fun! My kids love to eat dinner with candles - I think they just really like to blow them out afterwards but anytime we sit down as a family, we usually light candles.


Ikea has some really fun and unique fabric! At $5.99-$8.99/yd and some is upholstery weight- you can't beat it! I was looking at fabric debating whether to buy it to stretch over canvases and then saw that they carry wood frames right by the fabric for $4.99 - it is a set of 4 pieces of wood packaged together and it comes with everything to screw them together and then I wrapped my fabric around and used my staple gun -much quicker than using the little finishing nails they included. LOVE them! Love the fabric - had extra so I stapled them to the back of the frame in the other picture of the shelf. This 5 1/2 ft long wall art all for $30! Frames are 19 1/4 X 19 1/4.



This is a great gift my good friend, Suzy, got me for Christmas, tulip bulbs wrapped all pretty in a pot with instructions to keep them in a cold dark place until the 1st week of Feb and then bring them in and force-bloom them - How pretty when I keep seeing cold, dreary weather outside. You can see just next to them the little glass tealight holders - 50 Cents each at Ikea and if you flip them over, they are candlestick holders!(and her flower pot was from Ikea too!)

Look at this cool thin magnetic board- comes in white, silver and orange(of all colors!) It was $12.99 and I had this ugly phone jack to hide so I just put that up there and look and how clean and black my fridge is now! except for the fingerprints!

1 comment:

  1. i love the the fabric. looks awesome. i think your one plant looks a little thirsty.lol

    ReplyDelete